Annandale/Maple Lake Community Education believes that positive parent involvement is vital to a child's self-esteem and success. We believe parents are the child's first and most important teacher. Our E.C.F.E. teachers are here to help parents (caregivers) and children develop healthy relationships in a warm, nurturing environment. We encourage family involvement in activities that support a child's development and learning.
If you would like more information, please call (320) 274-3058 or (320) 963-7468.
WHAT IS EARLY CHILDHOOD FAMILY EDUCATION?
Minnesota's E.C.F.E. program is the largest and oldest statewide family support and education program for young children and their families in the country. It is funded by state and local taxes annually and is avalable to all families with young children.
WHAT DOES ANNANDALE/MAPLE LAKE E.C.F.E. PROGRAM INCLUDE?
- Social Interaction and Suport, Understanding of Parent Role, Knowledge and Understanding of Child Development.
- Development of Social and Interaction Skills
- Language Development and Communication Skills
- Independence and Self-Confidence.
- Encouragement of development, inventiveness and creativity.
- Developmentally appropriate environments.
- E.C.F.E. will come to you. We will talk with you about your questions or concerns. We will bring along activities for you to do with your child.
E.C.F.E. offers families opportunities to participate in:
- Infant Classes
- Toddler Classes
- Preschool Programs
- Mixed Age Classes
- Parent Book Discussions
- Seasonal Special Events
- Field Trips
- Super Saturdays
Who Participates in E.C.F.E.?
Other parents with children just like you! Families that want to consistently take time to spend "Special Quality Time" with one another. Child care is offered, for most classes, for your children not enrolled in the class.
Annandale ECFE Coordinator
Maple Lake ECFE Coordinator